Note! The beginning of this message was not recorded. But the main points mentioned in the introduction appear below.
- We're in a series on spiritual growth: becoming everything God made us to be, through faith in Jesus.
- Titus 2:11-13. Paul says it's God's grace which changes us (as well as saving us).
- If grace isn't the foundation of everything we explore in this series, it will all be in vain.
- Grace means "undeserved favour".
- The "undeserved favour" at the heart of the Christian message is that, by faith in Jesus as Ruler and Saviour, God is for us, not against us.
- Before we unpack the wonder of those four words God is for us we need to ask: why is God's favour undeserved (i.e., grace)?
- Paul makes 4 points which answer this in the first 7 chapters of his letter to Christians in ancient Rome.
- God should be against us